Posted on | January 26, 2013 | 2 Comments
Mornings do a huge part in making your day happier and more productive. How you start your day in the morning greatly affects your activities and tasks for the rest of the day. that is why I always do these 6 morning habits to make my day happier and more productive.
- Think of 5 things you can be thankful about. There are times that I find it very difficult to get out of bed. I sometimes feel that there is nothing to look forward to the day and I start complaining. Whenever I feel like this, I try to think of things I can be thankful about for the day. And it always amazes me to realize that there are indeed a lot of things that we can be thankful about even very early in the morning. I always end up thanking God for more than just 5. So if you think that your life is so boring, I challenge you to think of just 5 things you can be thankful about only for the day, yesterday is not included. And I assure you that you will try seeing your life in a whole new different perspective.
- Rise up early. As the saying goes, early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy and wise. Not only does it makes you healthy and wise, rising up early gets you started with your day early as well, making more things done. Great opportunities are waiting for you but somebody else might pick it up if you don’t get out of bed early.
- Exercise. No need for extreme crunches or push-ups. We do not have the luxury of time for exercise in the morning so 15 or 20 minutes is more than enough. You have many options for this, you can jog up and down the stairs, walk the dog outside or do a dance exercise. Most of the time, I choose to do the third one since it is the most appealing to me. I watch an instructional video and dance with it. Exercise is a good way to keep your muscles and bones tuned up, keeping you young, healthy and strong empowering you for another long day.
- Eat your meal. I believe that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Yet due to the morning rush, most people often skip this meal and choose to grab a cup of coffee instead. We can always choose to avoid the morning rush by waking up early. That way we will have plenty of time to spare to eat our breakfast at home and do some other stuff. It is important to fill our stomachs in the morning. We have a day to battle through and the best way to win a battle is to make sure we are prepared for it.
- Read an encouragement. Before going out to work, I make it a habit to read a piece of encouragement to inspire and motivate me throughout the day. This is my mental and spiritual vitamins which I take regularly. It conditions my mind and gives me the push I need to pursue my goals.
- Say a prayer. From the moment I opened my eyes, I say a little prayer of thanks for another day and the blessings ahead. Before I take a bite off my breakfast, I say a prayer of thanks for the blessing of food. And before I step out of the house, I say another prayer to guide me on my way and prepare my path. Prayer is my greatest weapon and it has never failed me, not once.
There, I have shared with you my 6 morning habits that always make my day happier and more productive.
Now, it is your time to share with us. What morning habits do you have?