Posted on | November 23, 2012 | 2 Comments
“Pursuit of happiness” is one of the most beautiful and endearing movie I have ever watched. My wife and children really love it.
Happiness has been an age old pursuit of man since the garden of Eden incident. People go to great length in the hope of finding it. Many travel around the globe to search for it. Well, you don’t have to do that, really. Happiness can be had anywhere and anytime you want it. Here are some simple but effective rules that works.
1. Free your heart from hatred today. Hatred suck your spirit dry. It drains your positive energy as well as that of others close to you. As long as you cultivate that hate in your heart, you won’t be able to really move on. You gets stuck on the past- sometimes pretending to let go but never really making any significant progress toward being happy.
The first and simplest rule to be happy is to learn to forgive. To be free from the curse of hate. Not tomorrow but today, this very moment that you are reading this post.
Someone said this word,
The HEART of the matter is the matter of the HEART
And I absolutely agree. That is why I said, FREE your HEART. To be free from hatred s is not a thought or something that you think and conjure in your mind. It stems from your desire to forgive and let go the other person’s shortcomings no matter how undeserving that person of your forgiveness.
Listen, you wanna free your heart from hatred today? Forgive!
2. Free your mind from worries. Be at peace with yourself and the things around you. There is that magical thing that happens to a person that transcends beyond human understanding or logic brought about by having inner peace.
I know this is quite a very big challenge in today’s world and society. But it is never impossible.
All generations starting from Adam and Eve have struggled to have peace. People from all walks of life worries every day about his life, about his family, worries about his health, worries about his knowledge, worries about his wisdom, worries about others, people even worries about being worried! Every thing from man’s hardest challenge to his tiniest concern, he is worried. Unbelievable, isn’t it?
We have been robbing ourselves of peace! And so we are robbed of one simple way to be happy.
3. Free your self from discontent. Work harder than you ought to and enjoy the fruit of what you have labored for, not the fruits of others’ labor. The main source of discontent is greed. It always was and will always be the source of discontent. Free yourself of GREED and you will be free of discontent.
I read something like this this morning,
You keep the hard money you earned, and I get to keep what I earned. If someone tells you that what you have worked so hard for is to be given to someone who hasn’t work that hard for his due, why is that called justice and equality?
Free yourself of GREED! Learn to be content in whatever state you are. That’s another simple rule to be happy.
4. Free yourself from the mindset of GET.
Someone said this,
There are only two kinds of people in the world. The givers and the takers. The takers eat better, but the givers sleep better.
So, which one are you? Do you belong to the GIVERS? If you do, you are one of the blessed ones, for somewhere it was written,
“It is blessed to give than to receive …”
If you can just pause for a little while to make time and observe people. Say, give yourself a day to observe people. You will not fail to notice that those who give more are the happiest people of all. They freely love and so hatred has no place in their hearts. They are at peace with themselves and the world around them, as a result they are contented.
So, if you are looking for one single act that provide you the evidence of happiness, – if that can be quantified at all, – why not be a giver. Rather than expecting someone to give you, why not be the one to give something up. Rather than asking for others to help you, why not help others – giving your time and resource to helping a person can bring immeasurable sense of peace to yourself.
Christmas season is just around the corner. This should give you ample time and opportunity to be a giver.
You want to be happy? Give and give more!
5. Free yourself from Expecting something from others. Give it your all, take nothing back! Be self reliant! Every progressive society does not rely on others for help, they do it themselves. You got to go get it.
Be happy. Follow this 5 simple rules of life.
You have two choices… smile and close this page, or pass this along to someone else you care about to share the lesson.