Posted on | November 27, 2012 | 4 Comments
I was thinking of something to write last night and I couldn’t quite get my finger into the thought that I was running in my mind, that is, until I joined my daughter who was sitting on the floor and watching Lion King 2: Simba’s Pride.
One very profound line that swept me was this, “We are One!” That was when Kiara said, “what if I don’t wanna be queen?” and Simba answered, “It’s like saying you don’t wanna be a lion, it’s in your blood.”
So true, indeed! Sometimes we forget who we are and the family that we have.
Our family will always be here for us. No matter where we go, and what we do, our family will be the same. We are part of it. We are one with it. And the least that we can do about our family is to contribute to its strength.
Many thanks to the people who shared their thoughts. Chariss, Jocelyn, Terrie, Sara, Jessica, Hakeem, and Romer. The rules below were shared by these wonderful people over at CITS.
The order is not according to importance. They are randomly listed.
20 Family Rules for Building Stronger Family
1. Always tell the truth
2. Work Hard for the family
3. Keep your promises
4. Don’t do anything to tarnish the family’s reputation
5. Don’t whine about your family
6. Laugh with your family
7. Pray with the family
8. Say I love you as often as you can
9. Use kind words
10. Do your best to strengthen the family bond
11. Be grateful and kind
12. Be proud of yourself and your family
13. Say please and thank you
14. Remember you are loved
15. Return things to where you took it
16. Never talk bad about your family
17. Always choose your family over others
18. Eat meals together
19. Always show respect to your elders
20. Don’t talk when your mouth is full
This last two are from me.
21. Worship together
22. Go out together as often as you are able to.
How about you? Do you have some family rules that your parents passed on to you or rules that you yourself was able to come up with in your family? Please don’t hesitate to share, I would love to hear from you. Use the comment form below.