Posted on | December 20, 2012 | 2 Comments
It is approximately 5 hours and 30 minutes before the 12-21-2012 end of the world. Before we all die and this planet Earth we are living in get hit by another planet or terrestrial object and be turned into tiny pieces, I have a few questions for you.
- Do you believe that it’s the end of the world?
- Even if you don’t believe, let us suppose it happens, are you ready for it?
- Are you afraid of it?
- If your answer to question number 3 is yes, what makes you afraid of it?
- Do you think a relationship with God will make a difference in your beliefs and fears?
These are the questions I asked myself the very first time I heard about this end of the world thing and here my personal answer to these questions:
1. I don’t believe it’s the end of the world tomorrow. Why? Because the exact date of the end of the world is not stated in the Bible. If there is one thing I trust entirely that I would rely my life on, it’s the Bible. I believe that it would come. Jesus will be coming back again and that’s the end of all evil in this world but I doubt it’s tomorrow. Jesus said that nobody will know when it will come just a thief. It comes when you least expect it to. Plus, how many other doomsday prophesies have you heard in the past few years? So, nah, I don’t believe it.
2. Am I ready for it? I definitely am! 2 years ago I would have prayed for it to be extended or something. But now, I am more than ready for it. I have full confidence that if it really is the end of this world, I will be in my rightful place – in the kingdom of God. Having God as my King has brought my life in a whole new level. Even if God takes me away this very moment, I will have no second thoughts and regrets.
3. Afraid? No way! If you asked me 2 years ago I would definitely say yes. I used to be afraid of the thought of leaving this Earth. But now, I have nothing to fear. My relationship with God caused all my fears to vanish away. If I die, I die, as simple as that. God is in control of my life so what should I be afraid of? He has planned my life even before I was born and I have confidence and trust that God’s plans for me are better than my plans for myself.
4. I have lots of fears. I used to be afraid of the thought of dying. I used to be afraid of the thought of pain, of losing my loved ones, of being poor, of being ugly and many other things. I didn’t want to move out of my comfort zone and live a different life. And I definitely can’t imagine being left alive with millions of other people including some of my family and friends dead. The greatest of my fears is that what if I end up in hell? Just the thought of it torments me!
5. Definitely yes! And it already did. It has changed all of my perspective in life and took away all my fears. It was the best relationship I ever had and ever will have. It can be the end of the world for all I care! I might sound morbid but I’m excited about it. Because that will mean that I will be in heaven with my Father.
How about you? What are your answers to these questions?